Poulan Pro 4218 chain saw no start

Bill Sinclair

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I have a Poulan Pro 4218 that I have "re-conditioned".
It has a new flywheel/coil, a new carb, new fuel lines and filter, new air filter, new spark plug and fresh mixed gas.
Once done I started it, adjusted the carb and cut some wood. It quit running and will not re start. I suspected I flooded it trying to restart so I've let it sit with the spark plug out for a few days and pulled the rope repeatedly to be sure the cylinder was empty. I put the plug in the boot and grounded it and pulled the rope and have a consistent bright spark. put the plug back in and it still will not re-start.
I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

thank you

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
What is the compression reading. Also remove the spark plug and with a good light look down the hole at the exhaust side of the cylinder walls and see if it is scored.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly there is a nice little emojie for threads that have not received a response
:anyone:
It hides in the "more" pallette under the shortened list on the right hand side.

As for you problem I for one read each & every post that is new every time I log in.
If it is something I can answer & I am familiar with then an answer will be forth coming .
If it is something I think I can answer & I have service information on I will answer.

If not the I would be guessing, generalizing or potentially wasting your time .
This is SOP for quite a few regular browsers.

So in general terms.
Squirt a very small amount of carb cleaner or starter fluid down the plug hole.
Try to start the engine, throttle wide open.
If it fires then there is a fuel / sealing problem.
If it does not then pull the muffler & check for scoring in the bore or on the piston.

AS you have just replaced the flywheel, check the position of the piston relative to the position of the magnet to the coil.

Double check the fuel lines are in the right positions
Pull the carb off, leaving the fuel lines on, turn it sideways & blow high volume low pressure air through the venturi .
Check for fuel vapour being blown out the other side.

dfbroxy

Threads
While you have the muffler off, check to see if it is plugged up with carbon or trash.

Bill Sinclair

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, thanks for the advise.
I'll try what was suggested and see if that works and report back.