Cheap Chinese Parts

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yeah Yeah I know he is always rabbiting on about buying from dealers or repair shops .
Well this is the reason why
A Tecumseh H 30 carb came into the shop a few weeks back.
The owner had turned the float bowl bowl / main jet holder too tight and broken it off deep down inside the carb.
He is a professional and a bit of a DIY type of guy so it was just a remove the broken part & give the carb a clean job.
A dip in the ultrasound followed by an introduction to a LH drill bit had the remains of the jet holder in the bin and another dip in the ultrasound followed by a $ 30 extraction had the nice clean carb back in the possession of the DIY & staunch ebay users hands.
He was offered a $ 20 guaranteed rebuild kit but he declined because he had the same kit for $ 6 coming from China via ebay ( I am an over pricing thief it seems).

Well it was back yesterday attached to the reel mower it came from urinating fuel everywhere.
So I pulled the carb apart
On the right are the original parts on the left are the Chinese "OEM 30840 Tecumseh rebuild kit fits:-"
H25-H70, HH40-HH70, HS40, HS50, HSK35, HSK60, HXL35, LAV35, LAV40, V50-V70, VH70 and TVXL105 LAV25, 30, HS, HM40 THRU 70, V, VH40 THRU 70H20 VM100, HMSK HSSK, LEV, LV, OH195

Any one see a difference ?
The main jet O ring did not seal so it dripped and the fibre washer split.
But it was cheaper than the rip-off $ 20 kit he eventually paid for + another $ 60 for rebuilding the carb + $ 8 for gaskets

IMG_1413.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is just like the rubber gloves I buy. One size fits all.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

charlie50

Threads
Yeah Yeah I know he is always rabbiting on about buying from dealers or repair shops .
Well this is the reason why
A Tecumseh H 30 carb came into the shop a few weeks back.
The owner had turned the float bowl bowl / main jet holder too tight and broken it off deep down inside the carb.
He is a professional and a bit of a DIY type of guy so it was just a remove the broken part & give the carb a clean job.
A dip in the ultrasound followed by an introduction to a LH drill bit had the remains of the jet holder in the bin and another dip in the ultrasound followed by a $ 30 extraction had the nice clean carb back in the possession of the DIY & staunch ebay users hands.
He was offered a $ 20 guaranteed rebuild kit but he declined because he had the same kit for $ 6 coming from China via ebay ( I am an over pricing thief it seems).

Well it was back yesterday attached to the reel mower it came from urinating fuel everywhere.
So I pulled the carb apart
On the right are the original parts on the left are the Chinese "OEM 30840 Tecumseh rebuild kit fits:-"
H25-H70, HH40-HH70, HS40, HS50, HSK35, HSK60, HXL35, LAV35, LAV40, V50-V70, VH70 and TVXL105 LAV25, 30, HS, HM40 THRU 70, V, VH40 THRU 70H20 VM100, HMSK HSSK, LEV, LV, OH195

Any one see a difference ?
The main jet O ring did not seal so it dripped and the fibre washer split.
But it was cheaper than the rip-off $ 20 kit he eventually paid for + another $ 60 for rebuilding the carb + $ 8 for gaskets

View attachment 40052

why go through all that hassle ..yall coulda bought a Complete Chinese Carb for that three hp Tecumseh for like 10 bucks .

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm with ya on the cheap Chinese carbs Charlie, I bought a carb for my 10 HP Tecumseh last year RUNS GREAT .. and a carb for my Briggs 17.5 HP a month ago it too runs great, I don't know if the different E-bay vendors carbs are better than others, or not, all I had to do to both carbs was adjust the idle speed screw, ( only 1 on these carbs) the 17.5 carb came complete with the friggen solenoid !!! UN-REAL !!! I do patronize 1 site for the carbs ( theropshop) but thats only because the first carb worked so good but there are many others to buy from as well. I took a chance and I'm happy I did, beats the hell outa buying an expensive kit and going through the B/S of cleaning & rebuilding my carb,

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
why go through all that hassle ..yall coulda bought a Complete Chinese Carb for that three hp Tecumseh for like 10 bucks .

Well for starters this carb has a right angle fuel pipe and the one size fits all $ 25 cheap Chinese carbs all have strait input pipes that will foul on the blower housing and pull start fixing.
The $ 45 ones from my wholesaler have the correct right angle input pipe.
Apart from that I have to warrant my work, in fact I give 12 months on my repairs.
So parts only ever come from my whole sale suppliers who also warrant the parts to be of good quality .

A home owner whose time is worth nothing can buy a cheap carb on the hope that it will fit & work .
So if it is trash they just shrug their shoulders and go buy another one, who cares it was only $ 20.
And if they have to spend 1/2 hour cutting the blower housing, then drilling and fitting new retaining bolts to the recoil starter who cares cause their time is worth nothing.
However if you are paying some one to fix your mower & they fit cheap unbranded parts that fail shortly after would you recommend them to your friends or chase them down the road with a barrel full of birdshot ?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would be delighted if ALL trade with China was halted today.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

HMMMmmm North Bama ...??? I've heard of that name somewhere before, escapes me at this moment, maybe it was on another thread, Oh well, NOT important I guess ... :laughing:..:laughing: