2016 ferris 72 inch cut briggs fuel injected engine cutting out

svotim

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2016 ferris 72 inch cut briggs fuel injected engine cutting out
have a 2016 72 inch with the briggs fuel injected engine. in june it started cutting out very often. like a seat safety switch when you get up. after doing this for about 15 min of mowing it quit doing it. I mow for about 2 hours straight. did this for the next two mowing times. then didn't do it for the next 4 times of mowing. then today it started it again but got to the point it would stop running. had to restart it 15 times in the first hour of mowing so I quit. always kept inside. hasn't been wet when this has happened. any ideas. taking to my dealer mon. I asked him about it back in june when it first started doing this. he said he has had a few brought in with about the same problem as mine and said some of the mowers were having wiring harness issues. any body else had this problem? thanks tim

greenguy

Threads
  • / 2016 ferris 72 inch cut briggs fuel injected engine cutting out
have a 2016 72 inch with the briggs fuel injected engine. in june it started cutting out very often. like a seat safety switch when you get up. after doing this for about 15 min of mowing it quit doing it. I mow for about 2 hours straight. did this for the next two mowing times. then didn't do it for the next 4 times of mowing. then today it started it again but got to the point it would stop running. had to restart it 15 times in the first hour of mowing so I quit. always kept inside. hasn't been wet when this has happened. any ideas. taking to my dealer mon. I asked him about it back in june when it first started doing this. he said he has had a few brought in with about the same problem as mine and said some of the mowers were having wiring harness issues. any body else had this problem? thanks tim
Check the ground wire from the battery to the engine mounting bolt, mine was loose, tightened it, problem solved.