briggs and stratton with normal oil change

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes over the hill and down the road a full mile in place of everything else that cab be bought today.

I call this problem the "Magic Pudding Syndrome"
Because most people are so far divorced from manufacturing & mining there is the belief that resources are unlimited.
And because there is the belief that "technology" will magically make everything that the most important person in the world, ME , wants , affordable to me so no one will pay for durable quality.
Add to that the " Youth Obsession " where we randomly elevate nobodies to god like status just because they are young & pretty.
So added together you get generations who believe that they have to have a new product every year that costs less.

We have been tanking about adding an enviromential levy on manufactured goods for decades and untill this happens people will believe that the purchase price is the actual cost of an object to the planet.
manufactures are force to make rubbish because rubbish is all the population will pay for.

An interesting statistic that I came across decades ago.
If both China & India used the same amount of toilet paper as the residents of the USA do , per head ( or should that be tail ) of populaton, then they would consume all of the waste paper in the world in less than 6 months then every tree standing in the next 12 months.

Sort of goes to show just how wasteful we really are and I am not USA beating, apparently we down here are just as full of Schitt because the same thing done using OZ as the base only adds a couple of months to the totals above.

deriter

Threads
Hmmm, Bert, does that mean their butts are not as clean as ours here in the usa? Not that I really care if they are not. ;-)

Now getting back to the no change oil, if you ever look at the oil after a season of mowing, I don't see how you could ever think that it is ok to ignore that. I cannot imagine what the oil could look like in 3 or 4 years of no change. I just wonder how many think or believe that no change oil works.

Threads
Not by choice, by Federal Mandate. Still have a 3406 E in my Barnyard Buick doublebunk with a 13 double over on 355's. Great engine. Expensive to work on but a great engine anyway.

Getting back to the Briggs. I think B&S banks on the fact that the engine will go 5 years (warranty) before it pukes anyway and post warranty they bear no responsibility.

I had the 3406 B in my truck with a 13 over and 370's ..... I got it to 105 one time then backed down .... You got some get to the house gears on yours LOL..........

We call the 3406 B the 3 million mile engine down here............

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Threads
You can change the oil in the no oil change engines just like the normal engines.

Yes correct.... A person will have to tilt the mower over to empty the oil like on a Honda engine..........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
AWWwww Cmon guys, if ya'll think oil is expensive enough to NOT change annually, then go price a set of OEM Ink-Jet Printer ink cartridges, and compare the cost per ounce ... better be close to the crapper because you WILL schitt !! .. :mur:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
AWWwww Cmon guys, if ya'll think oil is expensive enough to NOT change annually, then go price a set of OEM Ink-Jet Printer ink cartridges, and compare the cost per ounce ... better be close to the crapper because you WILL schitt !! .. :mur:

Another case of people being robbed by their own ignorance & cheapness.
Laser printers cost more up front so cheapskates buy bubble jets then pay through the nose for ink, most of which gets used up in the self cleaning because most do not print enough to keep the jets clear.

Another case of
"He who buys cheap pays thrice"