silver series 6.5 duraforce spraying fuel out gas cap

Timon

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / silver series 6.5 duraforce spraying fuel out gas cap
Hello new member hear. I have this lawnboy it has been a good mower with some usual issues a lawnboy has but its developed a new one and im not sure how to tackle it further. My wife used it two days ago and it quit on her in middle of mowing wouldnt start. This morning I replaced sparkplug cleaned out the air filter and added some higher octane fuel as well as some engine cleaner made by lucas. After a few pulls on the string it slowly gurgled its way into running fine however its spraying fuel out the gas cap. After saying something to my wife she said oh it was doing that when i was mowing the other day. So I did some checking couldnt figure anything out so I thought lets just take the gas cap off and start it and it started but the fuel is really churning inside like really churning dosent make since. Anyway I tried the one thing I could think of I replaced the gas cap thinking maybe it was a venting problem and it didnt help. Whatever it is is causing pressure to back up into the tank thats all I do know and I cant figure it out please help if you can. Thanks

Russ2251

Threads
Only time I've seen this occur was on a mower whose tank was over filled.

Timon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Only time I've seen this occur was on a mower whose tank was over filled.

I was wondering about that but it will spit a little out even with very little fuel in the tank its building back pressure for some reason I dont know. A little follow up ive taken it apart some and sprayed some carb cleaner into it trying to get it to stop incase something isnt closeing right. Its still doing it. Kind of dangerous with that muffler off front left side

Teds

Threads
That is strange. WAG, thinking aloud, maybe a defective reed valve or exhaust restriction? Somehow, compression gases are being directed the wrong direction.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
How bad was the air filter? A very small piece of dirt in the reed valve will let some compression back in the carb, possibly into the float bowl. Sure seems like a weird problem.

nitehawk55

Threads
Excessive vibration ? Blade out of balance or bent ?