TROUBLE DRIVING STRAIGHT

ED49

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased a grasshopper 225k mid mount and I love it. The first zero turn mower I've ever been on. It has been a learning experience for me but I am beginning to get use to it. My question is that i have trouble driving straight. it seems like the mower will move a little to the left and then a little to the right without moving the steering levers. Do all zero turns do this? My lawn is fairly level. Maybe I just need more time on the mower.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
You will constantly need to be steering even to go straight. It's easier to go straight if you're looking up and not staring down at your deck or front caster wheel like many seem to do. Just make off it's a shopping cart...they steer the same way.

1mk2

Threads
I recently purchased a grasshopper 225k mid mount and I love it. The first zero turn mower I've ever been on. It has been a learning experience for me but I am beginning to get use to it. My question is that i have trouble driving straight. it seems like the mower will move a little to the left and then a little to the right without moving the steering levers. Do all zero turns do this? My lawn is fairly level. Maybe I just need more time on the mower.

I'm new to zero turn mowers also and one thing I found out is, it's difficult taking one had off the steering to scratch your nose, Ha......Mike

ED49

Forum Newbie
Threads
You will constantly need to be steering even to go straight. It's easier to go straight if you're looking up and not staring down at your deck or front caster wheel like many seem to do. Just make off it's a shopping cart...they steer the same way.

Thanks Darryl G. I tried your suggestion and looked ahead instead of looking directly in front of mower and it made driving straight much easier. Thank you so much. I think i'm getting the hang of this.

ED49

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm new to zero turn mowers also and one thing I found out is, it's difficult taking one had off the steering to scratch your nose, Ha......Mike

I have noticed that myself Mike. We will be old pros before you know it.