Snapper Repower Update

rudeboy3

Threads
Hey Snapper people, wanted to show you an update on my Snapper. Finally found my Honda GXV with no flywheel brake. It is AWESOME. Strong engine, bags second to none with the wings on the blade. Honestly gonna use this more than the Ybravo 25.

Attachments

• 20180824_173359.jpg
    20180824_173359.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 40

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey Snapper people, wanted to show you an update on my Snapper. Finally found my Honda GXV with no flywheel brake. It is AWESOME. Strong engine, bags second to none with the wings on the blade. Honestly gonna use this more than the Ybravo 25.

I've ran those commercial motors in Honda mowers. They only make 6 ft lbs of torque. Meaning not very stellar at all.

We had to use what I called "the power straps" to cut tall, fast growing springtime grass. Meaning with the blade on, a bungee cord was installed directly on the throttle and the handlebar. No other way to use the mower than run it wide open in thick yards. Needless to say they Commercial Honda mowers were quickly sold. No wonder none of the lawn crews around here do not use Honda mowers.

slomo

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Motor looks like it belongs on there, nice work.

rudeboy3

Threads
I've ran those commercial motors in Honda mowers. They only make 6 ft lbs of torque. Meaning not very stellar at all.

We had to use what I called "the power straps" to cut tall, fast growing springtime grass. Meaning with the blade on, a bungee cord was installed directly on the throttle and the handlebar. No other way to use the mower than run it wide open in thick yards. Needless to say they Commercial Honda mowers were quickly sold. No wonder none of the lawn crews around here do not use Honda mowers.

slomo

They are good for west coast, dry, maintained lawns. They start up everytime, and last forever.