New from Idaho

shadesofidaho

Threads
Ok I did as told and I only needed to add another 2 1/4 oz oil. I am going to take it back to the garden shed and check it while it is sitting in there. Also check to see if it is sitting level in the shed. I never thought to check this.

Thank you all so much. PHEW I wish I drank I feel like I want/need a beer. LOL Next project adding grills to my storm doors. Dogs keep knocking the screens out. :( Getting late maybe not today.

shadesofidaho

Threads
Hair shampoo is much better for washing filters it is a lot better at grease removal and a lot softer on the foam.
They end up smelling prettier too, but if people see you sniffing your air filter they will start to talk.:laughing:

Hahaaha Good one. Around here let them talk. I am already highly speculated on by those with nothing better to do. But then I earned some of it honestly. I am a crazy cat lady and an artist. My front fences are all built of old iron head/foot boards.. Right off they5-18-18- Potager.jpg see this place and start scratching their heads. I have three mosaic mannequins in my front windows. Two more to come one day. I am still having fun in life. My favorite shopping mall is the local dump.

After moving the mower to the garden shed I added another 5 OZ of oil. I will check it again before I mow next time. There are no oil leaks that I can see so far. No more slight around the edge of the oil filter. I checked the level of the mower in the shed and it is much more level in there. Note to self. Next time change oil on a flatter surface even though it was leaning towards the drain spout.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just a quick question, how is everything working? Did it blow up yet, just kidding.

shadesofidaho

Threads
Just a quick question, how is everything working? Did it blow up yet, just kidding.

Well........... The very next day I woke to a raging case of shingles. But the mower has done well. I just finished mowing a few minutes ago. No blow up oil still to the full. Mower sounds good and the churned up oil after mowing is so clean I can hardly see it on the stick. I have to turn it to reflect the light. Editing to add no leaks.

Now if only you guys had a Polaris Ranger board here. LOL I need to change the oil on/in it too. I did find a note about that fuel filter , next to the mower filter, with Ranger brand name and part number. Maybe pick it up tomorrow. It is a wix so not sure where he bought it. Online or walmart is my guess. I will google it.

I thank you all so much for this help. It really has been a worry for me. Now next time I will not put it off so long nor will I be worried about it. Hoping I remember it all. But I also have your comments stapled into my mower manual.

Thank you again so much!!

Last edited: