FERRIS IS2000Z series mower No forward or backward propulsion on right wheel motor

JMMurphy58

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / FERRIS IS2000Z series mower No forward or backward propulsion on right wheel motor
I am trying to isolate the problem on my mower. When I push the right arm of the Z turn FERRIS mower I hear a chattering noise and have no or very little movement forward or backward on the side of the mower. I think the problem lies with either the right wheel motor or the hydrogear 12CC pump. Does any one recognize this problem and can help me isolate the problem so I can order the right part to fix my problem?
Thank you
Mike

dfbroxy

Threads
  • / FERRIS IS2000Z series mower No forward or backward propulsion on right wheel motor
Check that the belt pulley on that side isnt spinning on the shaft, it is splined and sometimes strips and needs to be replaced.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am trying to isolate the problem on my mower. When I push the right arm of the Z turn FERRIS mower I hear a chattering noise and have no or very little movement forward or backward on the side of the mower. I think the problem lies with either the right wheel motor or the hydrogear 12CC pump. Does any one recognize this problem and can help me isolate the problem so I can order the right part to fix my problem?
Thank you
Mike

Check your pump by-pass lever...operate it several times.

Also , check the oil level in the unit.

Check pulley and belt....pulley could be spinning on the shaft.