Mower deck xmark Z mower deck disengaged

dsailor44@gmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an older 60" Z. I was mowing normally and the deck drive just quit. I have no power at the clutch connector. Can I just bridge the safety switches to find a switch problem. Does anyone have history as to which switch is usually most problematic? Mower starts and runs fine.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
So if it starts then your seat, neutral and brake switches are working. I would check the relays then the PTO switch.

Boit4852

Threads
I have an older 60" Z. I was mowing normally and the deck drive just quit. I have no power at the clutch connector. Can I just bridge the safety switches to find a switch problem. Does anyone have history as to which switch is usually most problematic? Mower starts and runs fine.

If you are troubleshooting this issue alone, here is something that can help make it easier for you. Tilt the seat up, disconnect the safety 2-wire switch under the seat and put a jumper wire across the connector which will fool the system into thinking that you are sitting in the seat. This will allow you to energize the PTO switch even without the engine running and you should be able to track down why the clutch lost power. This has happened to me twice on my '07 Lazer Z HP and both times the black ground wire had broken at the clutch. This ground wire on my machine had a long run length where it was not supported. After repairing the broken wire, I added a few zip-tys to support the wiring and it hasn't happened again in many years. Perhaps this connector came apart or the seat switch rod needs adjusting. If this switch is not 'made', the clutch will lose power and the blade drive stops. If it were me, I'd put the jumper wire in and see if the clutch will engage. It's a simple test and will eliminate one possible problem source. Please let us know what you find.