Blades wont stay engaged

MR lee

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I engage the Blades on my Cub-cadet XT1, The machine will cut for about 10 secs, than the blades will stop, I reengage the PTO again it cuts and stops, and cuts and stops. I trouble shot the PTO witch, it seems to be fine. With the key on and the motor not running. I can hear the clutch engage when I pull the PTO. Anyone know what the problem could be?( its almost like the machine thinks its in reverses at wont cut?)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have a power supply problem the the voltage will drop & the blades dissengage, try leaving the blades on for 1/2 hour and see if they turn off.

next check the wires they can break usually right against the clutch so engage the clutch then get under , wiggle and pull on the clutch wires.

MR lee

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you have a power supply problem the the voltage will drop & the blades dissengage, try leaving the blades on for 1/2 hour and see if they turn off.

next check the wires they can break usually right against the clutch so engage the clutch then get under , wiggle and pull on the clutch wires.
I will do that. Yesterday after I posted on this Forum. I decided to clean my mower( Don't want to take a dirty mower to the shop) after I washed it, I sprayed all the connectors with WD-40
started the mower to load it on the Trailer. Engaged the PTO for Kicks a giggles. The blades stayed engaged long enough for me to cut 4 acres with out any problems. I started the mower today, SOS blades wont stay engaged.
Thanks for the reply I will check the wires by the clutch.

MR lee

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will do that. Yesterday after I posted on this Forum. I decided to clean my mower( Don't want to take a dirty mower to the shop) after I washed it, I sprayed all the connectors with WD-40
started the mower to load it on the Trailer. Engaged the PTO for Kicks a giggles. The blades stayed engaged long enough for me to cut 4 acres with out any problems. I started the mower today, SOS blades wont stay engaged.
Thanks for the reply I will check the wires by the clutch.

I removed the Clutch,and wires connected to it. The wires have no breaks, great condition. The clutch engages,when I connect it to the battery via alligator clips.