Walbro LMT knockoff?

mphelle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone tried the Walbro LMT 5-4993 carburetor knockoff available on ebay for around $15? Looking at their photos it appears Jack's is offering the same replacement carb for my 12.5 for $147.25

mphelle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks like I had the wrong brand, Jack's is offering the gravity fed Nikki carb which is the knockoff I'm seeing on ebay. I went ahead and ordered one for 12 dollars, if the venturi and main jet are the same as my walbro I'll give it a try.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like I had the wrong brand, Jack's is offering the gravity fed Nikki carb which is the knockoff I'm seeing on ebay. I went ahead and ordered one for 12 dollars, if the venturi and main jet are the same as my walbro I'll give it a try.

You may be able to swap the jets. I've found out those knock offs have much higher tolerances. I bought a knock off once. It didn't run right, so I swapped out at least one of the jets, from the old to the new, and it ran fine.
Don't ask which one, it's been too long. IIRC, it was from a Nikki.

mphelle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out when it arrives. I'll keep an eye on the plug and monitor the head temp with a sensor I used back in my karting days.