Cub Cadet RZT 50

krismanten

Threads
hi guys, working on a RZT 50 for a friend. saying left side doesnt pull when it gets hot. tried it for 30 mins yesterday with no problem. mowed for 30 mins today and noticed a shimmy when pushing the left bar forward. got off and inspected, noticed that the left hand yoke is missing the grease fitting and the other side yoke is bone dry. would inadequate greasing and missing a grease fitting cause this to happen?

dfbroxy

Threads
I would first make sure both hydros were clean and their fans also. Then I would mow with it for a solid hour just to be sure. If that doesnt cure it your looking at a oil change and maybe a rebuild of the trannie.

krismanten

Threads
thanks, i would assume the oil has never been changed seeing as how the grease fittings looked like they had never been touched. 340 hours, it is about time for an oil change anyway right? someone told me to replace the fluid with 90 weight grease and it would last longer. is that sound advice?

dfbroxy

Threads
No, It uses full synthetic 20w50

dfbroxy

Threads
The truth is that its probaly time for a rebuild. Useing 90w will make it work for a while but I think it will also burn out the pumps in the trannie. Those pumps are about $100 a piece so if they burn out and the base plate has to be replaced then you might as well buy a new trannie. Rebuild it now and it shouldnt cost more than $200 and it will be like new. There are vids on youtube for that exact mower. Just make sure you clean the trannie spotless before reassembly.