Husqvarna LGT2654 Crank But Not Running

Chattanooga_Chuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am stumped and really need some input here. I have a Husqvarna LGT2654 with Briggs Model 445877 Type 0760 E1 Code 071019Y6 Lawn tractor. Last week my wife cranked it and pulled it about 5 yards then turned it around to get lined up with where she was going to mow. I walked over to ask her something and we were talking and it shut off. Has not run since. It cranks but will not run. It was run the day before for about 2 hours and it was run that morning for around 30 minutes. Then after lunch the above happened.

Here is what I have done to date.
Changed both plugs
Changed fuel filter
Changed air filter
Drained and put fresh gas in
Took carb off and was able to access most everything so I did a thorough cleaning of the carb but couldn't remove the bulb at the bottom so I was unable to get to the jet to clean it.
Tested the kill wire
Tested the seat switch
Checked all wiring and couldn't find any issues
It does run if I spray starter fluid but dies.
Engine sounds good.

I think I have listed everything. So what am I missing.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am stumped and really need some input here. I have a Husqvarna LGT2654 with Briggs Model 445877 Type 0760 E1 Code 071019Y6 Lawn tractor. Last week my wife cranked it and pulled it about 5 yards then turned it around to get lined up with where she was going to mow. I walked over to ask her something and we were talking and it shut off. Has not run since. It cranks but will not run. It was run the day before for about 2 hours and it was run that morning for around 30 minutes. Then after lunch the above happened.

Changed both plugs
Changed fuel filter
Changed air filter
Took carb off and was able to access most everything so I did a thorough cleaning of the carb but couldn't remove the bulb at the bottom so I was unable to get to the jet to clean it.
Tested the kill wire
Tested the seat switch
Engine sounds good.

Have wife sit in seat, turn key to run(not start)...while you put you finger on the fuel cutoff solenoid on the bottom of the carburetor.
You should fell maybe hear it click as it opens.
Since you tested some switches...I guess you have a multimeter...you should have 12V at the plug on the solenoid when the key is in run.

Chattanooga_Chuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cutoff solenoid clicks fine. Just checked it. Solenoid was already checked and it is fine. I forgot that on my list. But also if the solenoid up by the battery was no get then it wouldn't even try to turn over, right?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cutoff solenoid clicks fine. Just checked it. Solenoid was already checked and it is fine. I forgot that on my list. But also if the solenoid up by the battery was no get then it wouldn't even try to turn over, right?

Yes, but it is more complicated.

Jump across the two large starter Solenoid nuts and it should turn the engine over.

You said engine cranks...I guess you mean turns over/cranking..as trying to start

You sprayed starting fluid...it starts

That is why I said fuel cutoff solenoid.

I would say carb jet is blocked...you said you cleaned it.

I guess go back and do it all again.

not getting fuel through the carb.

Chattanooga_Chuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
The carb jet was the only thing I couldn't get to. The two screws holding the bulb in place are really locked down. Every attempt at removing those two screws resulted in a little stripping of the heads. Later today I will try again to break them loose.

Yes, I did jump across the two large starter Solenoid nuts and it did turn the engine over.

I will report back, my thinking is that you are correct about the jet being blocked. If I can just break those two screws loose.

I also want to thank you for your help so far, I will report back later this afternoon as to if I was able to break those screws loose and clean the jet.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Those two carb bowl mounting screws are put on by the factory gorilla. I find grabbing the screw with locking pliers and turning them to break them loose is a great benefit.

Chattanooga_Chuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
I want to thank you guys. It turned out to be the jet. That was all I didn't do before posting. I just didn't want to go that deep into it. But once you guys said it sounded like a clogged jet I went on and took the whole carb apart and it did run.

I did find a long handle flat head screwdriver that was able to break those screws. Took me 3 days to find one that would do it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have been using one of those 4" long ratchets that take the hex shanked driver bits for a long time.
The ones that do not have a 1/4" square on the other side can be pressed down really hard while the 4" handle gives you a lot of torque.
They are really good for people with Lupus or Arthritis who can not hold or twist a screwdriver

Gearjammer

Threads

Changed both plugs
Changed fuel filter
Changed air filter
Tested the kill wire
Tested the seat switch
Engine sounds good.

If it starts with starting fluid, and then dies, the problem is fuel delivery. Is there a shut off switch in the tank? Float stuck shut? Plugged vent? Blocked line or sucking air instead of gas? Gas is not getting through the carb. Good luck. Gearjammer