Cup cadet M 60 tank 27 horse Kohler won’t start it won’t crank with the key

rabbit.57

Threads
  • / Cup cadet M 60 tank 27 horse Kohler won’t start it won’t crank with the key
Cup cadet M 60 tank 27 horse Kohler won’t start it won’t crank with the key
2002 M60 tank mod#53bb5bdx750 Kohler 27 horse #27 24113123.
Won’t crank with the key has a new ignition switch new starter .
It started after we put the new starter and key switch and ran fine. Button everything back up and it wouldn’t crank.
I passed the key switch with a pushbutton it would start and run I had it sitting there running for about five minutes and a medium speed I heard a pop not a very loud one more like a fuse going or something electrical and it started dropping RPMs and running sluggish and it just shut down hasn’t fired back up since any suggestions?

Poneykeg

Threads
I have one like yours, check the safety switch under seat also the brake and make sure the control arms are in neutral position . those two and the PTO off must be be open too current for the key switch to send current to starter. Other than 3 belts replaced no other problems in 950 hrs.

pollishpickle

Threads
Mine had a bent control arm that Cub could not fix. Had it in 6 times before they refunded me my money. It would bend the arm when it warmed up even the dealer bent one that they just installed and tested. I had to bypass the safety switch to get it started to take it in.

rabbit.57

Threads
Thank you gentlemen I will check all of that next Friday when I get a chance it’s been raining too much today and unfortunately it’s sitting out in the field

rabbit.57

Threads
Well I was able to get over there this afternoon it dried up enough able to put the spark tester on and I’m getting the real weeks park on the left-hand side of the motor and a strong spark on the other side or something in the left side does hit strong for a while then it drops back down to barely able to see it .
This mower belongs to a friend he’s going to go ahead and order a new coil I’ll change it out Friday when I get a chance sweetie get it to run enough to get it out of the yard and into the shed That way I can work on it even if it’s raining

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The hydros have bypass valves on them.
Once open the mower will push really easy and tow even easier but you need to attach the tow rope to each castor mount or it will wander all over the place

rabbit.57

Threads
The hydros have bypass valves on them.
Once open the mower will push really easy and tow even easier but you need to attach the tow rope to each castor mount or it will wander all over the place

Thank you bertsmobile1 good advice.I’m attaching the rope to both caster so it doesn’t wander around crazily behind me.