Lt1045 mower deck blades down cut at low setting in thick grass

knevins5898

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Lt1045 mower deck blades down cut at low setting in thick grass
My Cub cadet was services over a year ago. The belt came off and had to be replaced. I had the blades sharpened as well. Since then, it seems that when I mow thick grass, I have to keep it at the highest mower deck setting possible. If I set it any other level, once going though thick grass, it seems to have tough time keeping up with the thick grass and does not mow the grass well at all. You can hear the blades not going at full speed when in the thick grass. Once I get back on driveway of not-thick grass, you hear the blades speed up again. What could be the cause of this

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Cub cadet was services over a year ago. The belt came off and had to be replaced. I had the blades sharpened as well. Since then, it seems that when I mow thick grass, I have to keep it at the highest mower deck setting possible. If I set it any other level, once going though thick grass, it seems to have tough time keeping up with the thick grass and does not mow the grass well at all. You can hear the blades not going at full speed when in the thick grass. Once I get back on driveway of not-thick grass, you hear the blades speed up again. What could be the cause of this

Make sure no blade is upside down...easy to do
Check that all pulleys and idlers are freely turning.

The belt could have came off because one of the pulleys has a bad bearing.

Pumper54

Threads
In addition to what shiftsuper175607 said to check; when you are mowing you have the engine running a full throttle, correct? Also when mowing in deep thick grass you might need to slow down to a speed where the engine does not bog down. Something else to check is to make sure the underside of the deck is cleared of old grass and debris and that the discharge opening is not blocked. Let us know what you find out.
Tom