Float bottom screw?

1RB2534

Threads
I rebuilding the carb on my old Scag/Exmark copy 36" walk behind mower (sold by Black Rock Mfg back in 1999) . It has a Kawasaki FC420V-FS15 engine with (I'm pretty sure) the OEM carb 15003-2349. My question is about the side spring loaded screw on bottom of Float Bowl. I surmise this is a float bowl drain for long term storage?
(see attached Float Bowl.JPG)

Attachments

• Float Bowl.jpg
    Float Bowl.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 14

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I rebuilding the carb on my old Scag/Exmark copy 36" walk behind mower (sold by Black Rock Mfg back in 1999) . It has a Kawasaki FC420V-FS15 engine with (I'm pretty sure) the OEM carb 15003-2349. My question is about the side spring loaded screw on bottom of Float Bowl. I surmise this is a float bowl drain for long term storage?
(see attached Float Bowl.JPG)

The screw is designed to remove water from the bowl. If you shut off the gas with an external fuel shutoff you could also drain the gas from the bowl with it.

1RB2534

Threads
Cleaned carb up, removed jets, sprayed everthing with cleaner, reamed out all orfices and blew everything off.
Put in new float needle and gaskets. Thankfully I was able to re-use all the jets. The few rebuild kits that alluded to fitting my engine did not come with any additional jets other than the main bottom jet. The two Venturi area small jets (see attached pic) were a bit difficult to get out and back in. But below tools worked great for removing
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DJ2MSWP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If ever need the smaller jets found them at,
https://www.firedog.com/catalog/kaw...fc420v-fs15-4-stroke-engine-fc420v/carburetor

Nothing much offered on this carb as far as 3rd party replacemnent carbs. The cheapest OEM offering was around $150. But so far the rebuild should suffice.

Attachments

• Small  Jets.jpg
    Small Jets.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 4

1RB2534

Threads
The screw is designed to remove water from the bowl. If you shut off the gas with an external fuel shutoff you could also drain the gas from the bowl with it.

Thank you sir for the info.