Fair Value of 2017 SDX 22HP Kawasaki 54" open deck

shaak60

Forum Newbie
Threads
My neighbor wants to sell me his 2017 SDX 22HP Kawasaki engine 54" open deck, (he says its a commercial deck) 50 hours. He told me he paid $4950 for mower. It does not have the flex forks.

It is hard to compare the 2018 SD because Hustler dropped the SDX. What are the differences between the 2018 SD and 2017 SDX

Any idea on fair market value is on this mower?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Raptor is not commercial at all. Not the deck or the motor or the frame. It is residential only. A fabbed deck does not make it a commercial deck.

mhavanti

Threads
I've done a bunch of research on the FR, FS, FX series of Kawasaki 730 engines. Every single part inside the three series engines are exactly the same part numbers. Only differences in those I've been able to find are breathers, intakes, manifolds, carbs and a couple of other insignificant parts that has nothing to do with longevity or power output. Not to mention the Raptors are probably doing more commercial today than the higher priced units.

I was trying to reply to this thread last evening for several hours and the forum wasn't having any part of it. Only significant difference between the SDX and SD I see that is worth mentioning is the open deck chute of the SDX. Otherwise, same machine.

My thinking is the machine is worth about $3,000 and no more than #3,500 to answer your question.

If the aluminum spindle mounts on the Raptor doesn't stand up to a beating, change them to cast iron. Then you can beat on them even harder. If you're doing damage to an aluminum spindle housing, it is your fault, not the spindle mounts. If you are bending any deck whether it is a pressed deck or a fabricated deck, it is your fault, not the design and manufacturing type of the item.

I believe the mower will do what you ask of it as long as what you ask is cutting grass and not chopping the tops off of roots, lowering dirt mounds, etc.

If you like the Raptor, get it, run the hell out of it. If you break it, fix it. If you tear it up, don't complain about it. lol

Good luck,

Max

BoylermanCT

Threads
Your friend is not going to be happy about the true value of the mower, cause in his mind, it is still new. I recently traded my RSD back to the dealer. 2 years old with 133 hours. Got $2500 for it. Had flex forks. Paid $4100 for it. I agree with Max on the value. If he is a good friend, offer him on the high end to keep the friendship! I would also talk to the dealer and find out what they would offer him for it.