Toro 252-H No Spark, Kawasaki FB460V engine

brinkkl2000

Threads
I have this tractor that suddenly lost spark. Full spec of the engine is FB460V-AS26. I have replaced the ignitor, not with the oem as it is very expensive and figured (hoped) they are all pretty much the same, spark plug, and spark plug cap. I still have no spark. I have disconnected the small wire to the coil and still no spark. I then plugged in the ignitor direct to the coil but isolated that circuit from the rest of the mower so there should be no safety switches getting in the way. I am leaning toward a bad coil, but they are $140ish and don't want to drop that on a hunch. The thing that makes me hesitant is the coil bench test fine. 13.3k ohms on the secondary and .2 ohms on the primary. I don't know what the figures are actually supposed to be, but my experience on other machines tells me this isn't too out of the ordinary. Any other suggestions before I drop the cash on a new coil just to try it?

brinkkl2000

Threads
Thank you for the link, it proved to be useful. The ignition coil was JUST out of spec on the primary lead by about .1 ohms. Figured I would give it a shot since the manual said it was bad. Turned out it was. I found a coil for about $85 from SLE Equipment, otherwise all Toro dealers wanted $130.00. Thank you for the help! Popped the new one in, and she fired up.