Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mower
    Deere 997 Ztrak

How much do you mow

What size yard does everyone maintain. I will be mowing about 5 acres when the new grass I just planted starts growing.

Mower
    John Deere

Re: How much do you mow

Probably about 1 acre a home with a JD F525 - 48". Just bought a JD 790 Compact with 60" Woods finish mower to use at the farm, probably 4 acres +. picnic ground building lots & pond lots.

These two just replaced a Bush Hog M2554 ZTR that I have used for the last nine years. ~~ grnspot110
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mower
    John Deere

I have approximately 6 acres of land to mow total. I have about 2 acres of land and my father is sitting on 4 acres. I mow both yards with my old trusty John Deere 316 Lawn & Garden Tractor.

Mower
    Craftsman

About 1 acre at home with a Craftsman DGS6500 and about 50 or more acres in a campground with a JDX485 all wheel steer.
    Gargoyle

Mower
    Kubota

nearly 12 acres with a 52" snapper zero turn and a 60" brush hog

Mower
    Gravely

We have about 6 acres of land that has to be mowed each week. That is the main reason we bought a Zero turn lawn mower. It really cuts down the mowing time by a couple of hours.

Mower
    Walker

Cool Re: How much do you mow

As a Small lawn care company , we mow 60 acres each week. We Use walker mowers and have had no problems over the last 8 years with them . Through out the year , we do a large amount of rough cut mowing .This is done with a 60 inch flail mower and a 60 inch bush hog . Both mowers are powered by a 25 hp Kioti tractor.

Mower
    Toro, Yazoo Kees, Kioti, Sears

We have two acres that we mow with a Toro Z400 48" mower and and additional eight acres that we mow with a Kioti 30 hp tractor pulling Caroni six foot finish mower (low grass) or a five foot flail mower (high grass). It's spring in Vermont, so we're mowing twice a week!

Mower
    Kubota ZD 323

We mow 20+ acres using a JD GT235 (wife) and Kubota ZD323 (me). I did use my JD 970 (turf tires) with a finishing mower but never liked the results compared to other mowers. Bought my 323 after discussions on TractorByNet and really like it. Looking forward to gaining knowlege about weed control (including Bermuda grass which my wife hates) on this forum.

Mower
    Kubota

6 Acres of open area and then 1 around the house. Keeps me busy every week. I wish I had a mower that trimmed at the same time...