How much do you mow

Kingwood990

Threads
I mow 8-10 acres every 7-15 days. The machine of choice is a 2006 X520 John Deere with 54'' mower.
28jbiac.jpg

BHLC

Threads
We have about 6 acres of land that has to be mowed each week. That is the main reason we bought a Zero turn lawn mower. It really cuts down the mowing time by a couple of hours. :biggrin:

What's the overall time it takes you to do the 6 acres?

X-man

Threads
I mow for my trailer park. 5 yards take me about 2 hours.

Threads
I mow 0.25 acre lots. They usually take me 45-50 minutes but if I make the turn-arounds really quick I can get them done in 35 minutes. :thumbsup:

Threads
When I first started years ago I was cutting alot (about 21 acres worth) but now I just stick to my 4, or 5 yards. The biggest is 2.5 acres, and the others are 1 acre each. I have downsized a few times over the years running solo it gets old quick trying to keep up with all those yards, and work another job to.

Bomba

Threads
I mow just over 5 acres at my home, 3 with my 60" exMark ZT and the rest with a finish mower attached to my Ford B3000 tractor.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have about a 1.5 acre level lot with just a few obstacles that(since I still have a day job) I mow every other weekend first of April through end of October here in Middle TN. Of course, this would make one ask me why I bought a 52" commercial Gravely XDZ 100 series last fall right? Well, I considered it a "retirement investment" as I will be retiring in October, 2013. I wanted a ZTR(for years:0) and I wanted one that would (1)outlive me....(2)only require normal maintenance and no costly post-retirement repairs.....and(3)an investment that my son(and grandson) could inherit when I pass away. When I retire I'll probably mow more often(weekly, maybe even twice a week) cause it's so much dadgum fun driving these ZTR's so maybe that will "justify" the expense. The only thing I regret about the purchase is that it cuts my yard so much faster......now it's only a 1-beer job instead of a 3-beer job like it was when when I had the old lawn tractor:0)