Kawasaki FH661V-BS05 - Can it be saved or not?

Harbison

Forum Newbie
Threads
First, let me state that I'm not a mechanic. I basically search google and youtube to figure out the problem. I recently acquired a 2009 Cub Cadet 50" RZT Zero Turn mower with a few problems. The oil seal was shot. Oil poured down the crank shaft. The wires on the clutch were broken. The choke link keeper was missing. I fixed the clutch wires, replaced the oil seal, and replaced the keeper on the choke and changed the oil. Got it all back together. Made sure the oil was full and that it wasn't leaking from the oil seal anymore. Made sure the choke link was functioning. Went to start the mower. Ran for maybe 10-15 seconds and then made a loud noise. At first I thought a belt had broken but then saw that it had blown a hole in the engine behind the starter. Can the engine be saved? I still have a Exmark walk behind but was really excited to have a Zero Turn to mow my two acres. Thanks in advance for your experience and advice.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's not economically feasible to repair an engine that has a hole in the block.

Start looking for a replacement engine at places like Jack's Small Engine, Tulsa Engine Warehouse, and Surplus Center.

You'll need all the info about the engine to find a correct replacement.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Small engine warehouse or
Small engine supplies

Get a superceeded, engine at a good price.
Scratch & dents are even better
Just check the pulley size carefully.
After that it i just a case of some wiring.

Harbison

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not having any luck finding replacement engine

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
What was wrong with the one Buddy found for you?