TB30R leveling deck

TB30R158

Forum Newbie
Threads
How to level the side to side of the TB30R deck?

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Troy-Bilt section.

We should be able to find you an answer there.

MyDogFreddie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same question & have searched seemingly everywhere with no luck on how to adjust the deck side-to-side on the MTD TB30R. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Single blade decks are not adjustable side to side.

MyDogFreddie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Single blade decks are not adjustable side to side.

Thank you, Rivets for that quick reply, I really appreciate it. At least now I'll stop making myself crazy trying to figure out where the adjustment is.

While mowing I got careless and allowed the blade to hit a tree root *hard*. This is my first riding mower & I was upset enough when it happened that I put it away & finished the lawn with my old walk-behind mower. Later, I ordered a new blade, changed out the old one, and gave it a try. The mowed grass was clearly uneven, it looked like hell, and the tractor sounded like it too. I stopped after a minute or two, put the tractor away & have been mowing with my old walk-behind mower ever since (which sucks).

Reagrding the blade angles, I bought one of those little blade-height-measuring tools I've read about on this forum (and which is super-handy btw), and the blade is correct front-to-back. From side to side, however, the left side of the blade hangs a full inch lower than the right side. I made sure the tire pressures are the same on each side and have rotated the blade 180-degrees and measured again and each time I get the same result: the left side is 1 inch lower than the right. I also noticed the blade is hard to turn & I hear a scraping sound although the blade is not making contact with the edges of the deck at any point. Which could point to the spindle, maybe?

I haven't removed the deck from the mower yet, mostly because I haven't done it before & feel a little intimidated. At the same time, it would be a good way to learn more about this little tractor & I probably should just bite the bullet & do it this weekend.

I suppose the impact with the root bent a frame mount. If so I hope I can bend it back. If you or anyone else have any other ideas on what to check or how I can fix this, I'd be extremely grateful to give them a try. Thank you!

Bigbird65

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am in the same boat as you MyDogFreddie. I can't recall hitting anything but my TB30R is about 1" lower on the left side than the right side. I am desperate to find a way to level it. Somebody HELP Somebody.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it were mine I'd remove the blade and do a shaft run-out check to determine if the shaft was bent. If that looked OK then I'd check to determine if the deck was bent where the shaft housing mounts.

Attachments

• Shaft Runout - ll 2019.JPG
    Shaft Runout - ll 2019.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 13

Roseellen99

Forum Newbie
Threads
My TB30R is brand new. mowed with it 3 times now, the lawn cut is very uneven and many scalps. Looking at the deck it is on slots so it essentially folats? but the blade is about even with the bottom of the deck. Is there guid wheels for the deck? what keeps it from rocking and tilting?

BillDeLong

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a TB30R and it's about 2 years old... just started noticing that it's cutting uneven with the right side of the deck starting to sag. What is the fix? The mower is in excellent condition, but don't want to replace it unless I have no choice... really a shame because this has been a great mower up until now.

I'm tempted to use a floor jack to hopefully bend the deck back into level position, any other ideas?