Better than factory design

Boit4852

Threads
Here is a mod that will improve upon ANY factory mower. This applies best to v-twins but will work just fine on any mower engine. My Exmark Lazer-Z HP came with dual tanks that shared a combined fuel line and a single filter. If the filter got the least bit dirty or had water in it, the engine would run like crap or not at all. To solve this issue, I removed the entire fuel supply line system and replaced it with separate lines from each tank with their own separate shut off valves and filters. I also eliminated the two check valves. The lines from each tank go to their own filters and then Tee together with a shut off valve and then another Tee that goes to another shut off valve and a length of line about 8" long that I use as a drain line. Now I have two 11 micron filters in parallel, a way to separate each tank from the other, and a way to drain suspected water contaminated gas. The two 11 micron filters flowing in parallel allow the fuel pump to work more efficiently. This design has performed incredibly well. Even though I buy only what is supposed to be E-0 gas, I still have issues with water in my fuel tanks. This design allows me to drain the water out of the tanks easily. If this helps someone, great. I can only share what works for me.