Walk behind Cub Cadet CC600, no start when hot

CAT955

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased a new Cub Cadet W6 CC600 with a 195CC OHV engine.
It's a walk behind mower with RWD.
There are two concerns out of the box:

1) The mower is too heavy in the rear. When you press the lever forward to self propel, if you're not light with the lever, it pulls a wheelie! Even worse with a catcher filling with grass.

2) On a hot restart, the engine is hard to start. It cranks but the crank time is too long. So every time I stopped to empty the grass bag, the crank time got longer until
the engine just cranked but would not start.
I didn't try starting fluid or check for spark yet. I'm just curious to see if these are known concerns.
Engine numbers:
Model # 1TM1QCF23
Serial # 7P71RUA1711304A0034

Not thrilled with my new purchase...
CAT 955

Dmax Dually

Threads
I've had my CC 600 for a year now. It is a great mower and I really like it now. I was upset when I first got it because yes a design flaw makes it tail heavy and the front wheel come off the ground when the bag gets to about 1/2 full. I was looking at a way to add weights to either the front wheels or place weights on top of the front deck. Then I relized how much extra weight it would add to the mower and the maneuverability. My property is flat so i don't have to go up any hills. I just keep a little upward pressure on the handle when the bag start filling up and its fine. I noticed too that mine start a little different (harder) when it is hot. Make sure your battery is fully charged. The battery is NOT charged by the engine when it is running. You have to plug it in to charge it. I cut my grass once a week and I can go a full season with out charging the battery but it depends on how often you start and stop the mower. Most of the time I don't shut the mower off to empty the bag but if you are stopping and starting your mower 7 to 10 times every time you cut then as the battery get weak it will be hard to start a hot engine..If you just got it bring it to a dealer it's under warrenty and let them check the carb/choke to make sure they are adjusted right from the factory.

schreib69

Threads
Geeeez. Here I was considering buying one. . . Not sure if these are made any longer but it sounds like you two have similar stories I had with the Home Depot mower I bought last year. About half the price of the Cub with a B & S engine. Push button start desired so wife did not have to PULL start mower. Worked great first few times when cold, then, no matter how long it cranked(cold) would end up PULL starting-- again, NOT desirable for my wife! YOU guys seem to have the opposite problem-- starts fine cold but not so when warm. THAT, to me, sounds like it just needs to have ability to have less choke when warm, but, probably no adjustment on that?
One more thing, I was under the impression that this model DOES charge the battery while running. Not what I am hearing. . .
appreciate any input guys!
By the way: pricing these days-- buy from an Indonesia based company and price is half what any US based Retail store is asking-- $1200. How can that be?

roadrnnr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently I am having the same problem of not Starting when Hot. Assuming coil may be going but can't find any info on this model for a coil or how to remove it.
Can anyone Help?