Price Check HR 214SX pricing?

jsalis57

Threads
What is a fair price for a excellent condition HR214SX mower from Japan nowadays? Been checking Craigslist and EBay and not really finding anything. At least in my area.

Thanks!

tranchinh

Threads
I once saw in pawnshop a nice HR214 for $200 in Houston,TX

jsalis57

Threads

Based on the overall condition of the one I have I think I will post it for $200.00. These are great machines and nothing is constructed like these mowers today. :biggrin:

golfergordy

Threads
In my opinion:
I'd say $125 for the selling price if the bag is included, and add $50 if it has mulching blades and plug. I bought an HRC215K1 SXA (which is 10-15 years newer and is a much more desirable mower than an HR214SX) earlier this year for $200 and it came with all the items I mentioned, was in excellent cond. and the blades were brand new. You might have to discount the price more than the numbers I mentioned above because not too many people want to pay very much for a 30+ yr-old mower. I've been watching CL asking prices for the HR series mowers for a couple of years now, and have bought a few. Last year I bought an HR215SX Masters series (again more desirable than an HR214SX) and it also came with all the accessories mentioned above and only paid $125. Timing is also very important in pricing an item like a used lawnmower - earlier in the mowing season there might be a greater demand for used mowers, but this time of year most people have already purchased their mowers. Also, a large metropolitan area commands higher prices than rural areas. My price estimates are based on a large met. area. Good luck in selling yours.

jsalis57

Threads
In my opinion:
I'd say $125 for the selling price if the bag is included, and add $50 if it has mulching blades and plug. I bought an HRC215K1 SXA (which is 10-15 years newer and is a much more desirable mower than an HR214SX) earlier this year for $200 and it came with all the items I mentioned, was in excellent cond. and the blades were brand new. You might have to discount the price more than the numbers I mentioned above because not too many people want to pay very much for a 30+ yr-old mower. I've been watching CL asking prices for the HR series mowers for a couple of years now, and have bought a few. Last year I bought an HR215SX Masters series (again more desirable than an HR214SX) and it also came with all the accessories mentioned above and only paid $125. Timing is also very important in pricing an item like a used lawnmower - earlier in the mowing season there might be a greater demand for used mowers, but this time of year most people have already purchased their mowers. Also, a large metropolitan area commands higher prices than rural areas. My price estimates are based on a large met. area. Good luck in selling yours.

Thank you very much, great information.

Mine is in excellent condition but as you say is 30+ years old. It takes that special buyer to know what they are buying. These mowers are truly unique and have great value due to the overall construction not found today in the average homeowners mower.

I do have a bag that will go with it which is nice and bright white because I power washed and hand washed it off the frame, yes I am a bit OCD. :laughing:

I am in Columbus Ohio so I assume my market would be similar to yours.

Thanks again for your insight.