Echo 58 volt chain saw

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought a 58 volt chainsaw a few days ago. It came with the 4 OA battery. I was shocked and amazed at how it cut. That is incredible. I could not see where a homeowner or even a commercial guy would want a gas chainsaw over one of these.

I have other 58 volt Echo equipment with this battery and the run times are incredible. No gas to mix or worry about spilling or going bad from sitting up. Instant run.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The problem with all battery tools is availability of batteries.
I have several perfectly good tools less than 10 years old that can no longer be used because batteries for them are no longer available.
OTOH I have a Stihl 070 ( lightning ) chain saw from 1978 that not only runs well but all parts are available for it.
So I probably will still be running it for another 40 years.
The trick to sustainability is long service life for consumer durable products
I also have several laptops that are in the same boat, perfectly good but can only be run from external power sources because the batteries are NLA

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I ran the chainsaw yesterday for a while. I am amazed. I have owned numerous chainsaws in my lifetime and it is incredible to me that a battery chainsaw will do that.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The problem with all battery tools is availability of batteries.
I have several perfectly good tools less than 10 years old that can no longer be used because batteries for them are no longer available.
OTOH I have a Stihl 070 ( lightning ) chain saw from 1978 that not only runs well but all parts are available for it.
So I probably will still be running it for another 40 years.
The trick to sustainability is long service life for consumer durable products
I also have several laptops that are in the same boat, perfectly good but can only be run from external power sources because the batteries are NLA

There are things that use batteries that there are batteries available for. I have for instance a set of Firestorm battery powered things, skill saw, drill, sander, and so forth that you can still buy batteries and chargers for that we purchased in 2006. That is 12 years old. I have gone through two or three sets of batteries for them but they still work fine and you can still get batteries for them. One of the problems with battery technology is that it is coming so far so fast that there are so many things that are better in a year than there were last year. As time goes on it is getting better and better as far as availability.