My Honda got flooded

tranchinh

Threads
My old lawnmower Honda HR215 K1HXA got flooded during Harvey storm last year.Now the house all fixed,time to take care the lawn mower.I already get the engine running,replaced all cable,clean and oil all bearing for wheels,cluth for rear wheels but trans.make bad noise when engage .What is the right way to adjust the cable and change oil for hydrostatic trans.It was underwater for 5 days and I left it for almost a year

dfbroxy

Threads
I think you should remove. drain, take apart, inspect and clean the transmission. It has flood water in it which is very sandy and will destroy the trans. It would be very costly to replace this part so dont take chances, do it right the first time. There are experts on this site willing to walk you through any help you need. Just take lots of pics to help with reassembly.

tranchinh

Threads
Thank,just took the trans out ,ready to change oil but I never take this apart may be too complicate to do so

dfbroxy

Threads
That will work too. Its alot better than just junking it and may solve the problem. But if it doesnt solve the problem then try to take it apart. You may be surprised that your skills are up to the task.

tranchinh

Threads
I just did the oil change and bleeding .I'd like to add some to bleed procedure that i found in this webside .while turn the pump do it slow and watch for oil come out ,it have to come out some but you don't want to buy another bottle like me .On the final bleed procedure that require to run the lawnmower again the wall ,I could do samething by hook up a cordless drill to drive shaft and use sand paper on final shaft,the shaft need to clean some rust out anyway

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 13
  • bleed procedure.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 16

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just did the oil change and bleeding .I'd like to add some to bleed procedure that i found in this webside .while turn the pump do it slow and watch for oil come out ,it have to come out some but you don't want to buy another bottle like me .On the final bleed procedure that require to run the lawnmower again the wall ,I could do samething by hook up a cordless drill to drive shaft and use sand paper on final shaft,the shaft need to clean some rust out anyway

You are a lucky man.

My wife does not let be work on my lawn mowers on the ceramic tile kitchen floor.
Looks like you have a good repair plan going.
Was there water in the drained oil? did I miss that?

tranchinh

Threads
I have to clean up after done its not the kitchen floor,its the sun room that I just lay tiles last year .Full of water and mud in the engine but seem no water in trans.Just ran it and no noise at all .
I almost have to buy the service manual for this one but lucky somebody post the bleed procedure that I need .THANKS