Engine john deere 111 or 108 engine replacement

wonder98

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can anyone tell me if there is an engine that will easily mount in the 108 or 111 frame which i believe are the same size . i see a 108 really good shape for sale for 150 bucks but it says the motor died in it died last year it may be an easy fix but is it worth buying if i need to replace the motor??? and if i must replace the motor which specific one will easily bolt in without to many mods also are there parts still available for the original 108 motors ?? this 1 is b&s i think .. thanks in advance to anyone who will help !! [i also found this but it doesn't say a specific motor to use !! ..

John Deere 111 Category
Original Model: Briggs 11hp

To repower a John Deere 111 tractor, the following would apply: If your fuel tank is under the hood, you cannot use an engine with a recoil starter on it. The shortblocks have been discontinued. If the fuel tank is under the seat you could use any of the non-OHV engines listed here. You would also have to use your fuel pump and valve breather and notch a larger opening in the frame for the oil drain plug. If you have an electric clutch you will have to use the stator and regulator from your old engine. Please call if you need more information.

You can use a non-OHV Briggs engine from 12-13.5hp on this tractor with the details above. The oil drain comes out at a slightly different angle, so you will have to enlarge the current oil drain pipe opening.

An OHV (Overhead Valve) engine will not work, due to the width of the engine and the muffler placement.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can anyone tell me if there is an engine that will easily mount in the 108 or 111 frame which i believe are the same size . i see a 108 really good shape for sale for 150 bucks but it says the motor died in it died last year it may be an easy fix but is it worth buying if i need to replace the motor??? and if i must replace the motor which specific one will easily bolt in without to many mods also are there parts still available for the original 108 motors ?? this 1 is b&s i think .. thanks in advance to anyone who will help !! [i also found this but it doesn't say a specific motor to use !! ..

John Deere 111 Category
Original Model: Briggs 11hp

To repower a John Deere 111 tractor, the following would apply: If your fuel tank is under the hood, you cannot use an engine with a recoil starter on it. The shortblocks have been discontinued. If the fuel tank is under the seat you could use any of the non-OHV engines listed here. You would also have to use your fuel pump and valve breather and notch a larger opening in the frame for the oil drain plug. If you have an electric clutch you will have to use the stator and regulator from your old engine. Please call if you need more information.

You can use a non-OHV Briggs engine from 12-13.5hp on this tractor with the details above. The oil drain comes out at a slightly different angle, so you will have to enlarge the current oil drain pipe opening.

An OHV (Overhead Valve) engine will not work, due to the width of the engine and the muffler placement.

Is that info from smallenginewarehouse?

You could call and talk to them.