Please help figure out how to attach PTO spring

diytrying

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have read all the posts and manuals and YouTube videos I can find but it seems I have a different problem. Just had a lot of work done on my JD L111 deck and the last step of attaching the deck is to attach the PTO spring. I have plenty of slack but the hook on the end of the spring is almost closed (more of a U shape instead of a fish hook) so there is not enough room to maneuver the whole spring to get the right angle whether I try to go into the top or bottom of the hole in the idler arm. I've tried unsuccessfully to bend it a little to open it up. It seems to have come this way so it must be me. (I had the deck off last year and successfully put the spring back on then so I'm not sure if I've lost my mind or what since then.). Can anybody help? Thank you.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have read all the posts and manuals and YouTube videos I can find but it seems I have a different problem. Just had a lot of work done on my JD L111 deck and the last step of attaching the deck is to attach the PTO spring. I have plenty of slack but the hook on the end of the spring is almost closed (more of a U shape instead of a fish hook) so there is not enough room to maneuver the whole spring to get the right angle whether I try to go into the top or bottom of the hole in the idler arm. I've tried unsuccessfully to bend it a little to open it up. It seems to have come this way so it must be me. (I had the deck off last year and successfully put the spring back on then so I'm not sure if I've lost my mind or what since then.). Can anybody help? Thank you.

What if you loosen the idler arm bolt/bracket so it can lift up for more room?

diytrying

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got it, thank you. Got just enough room to hook it from bottom. THANK YOU!