chopperchuck

chopperchuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2006 227 grasshopper with a 27 hp command pro kohler engine. It is hard to cold start about one third of the times. It performs well when it starts. The engine spins well when you try but it won't start. I always refill the gas tank when I finish with the mower so the tank is always full of gas when the no start occures. I noticed the clear inline gas filter will be half to completely empty of gas when this happens. I disconected the fuel line and it has good flow and the fuel pump seems to be working. The mower will usually start if let sit for a few hours. Does anyone have any ldeas on my problem? Thank you in advance for your consideration.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 2006 227 grasshopper with a 27 hp command pro kohler engine. It is hard to cold start about one third of the times. It performs well when it starts. The engine spins well when you try but it won't start. I always refill the gas tank when I finish with the mower so the tank is always full of gas when the no start occures. I noticed the clear inline gas filter will be half to completely empty of gas when this happens. I disconected the fuel line and it has good flow and the fuel pump seems to be working. The mower will usually start if let sit for a few hours. Does anyone have any ldeas on my problem? Thank you in advance for your consideration.

The most likely problem is the most likely problem...

The choke plate is not fully closed...adjust linkage.

Does it have a choke?

chopperchuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes it has a manuel choke. I have started the mower on starting fluid a couple of times before when this happens but it didn't make any difference today. When I close the choke I can tell a lot of difference in the sound.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes it has a manuel choke. I have started the mower on starting fluid a couple of times before when this happens but it didn't make any difference today. When I close the choke I can tell a lot of difference in the sound.

It's not hard to spray too much fluid and flood the engine...

So, it's as fuel problem.
Dirty carb?

Fully choked engine gives more suction...pulls gas into cylinder at cranking rpms to start engine
When engine is running...it has a lot of suction, so choke is not needed

If jet is blocked...no gas either way