Do we all need to round up our Roundup?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No
We need to treat ALL POISONS with respect.
How many people spray Round-up with bare hands ?
Splash it around the place when mixing ?

Note he was doused with the product on 2 occasions.
SO the safety precautions printed on the pack had not been followed.

Considering the hundreds of millions of people who use the product daily I can not see it being a problem.
The difficulty is humans are not cloned ( well not yet anyway ) so we are all different.
So just like tobacco smoke there will be a percentage of the population that will get cancer just looking at the bottle while other could bathe in it daily without problems.

Unfortunately familiarity breeds contempt so people ignore the manditory safety precautions.
Wear gloves, dust masks & wash and spillage of skin immediately wash contaminated cloths separate to other cloths.

Walk around your suburb on any afternoon and see how many idiots are dancing around their property in shorts, thongs & singlets spraying chemical around with gay abandon.

Down here the employer would also have been the co-defendent as obviously Mr Johnson was not properly trained or supervised but suing a school is considered bad form.
Now Monsanto is a big company which lots of practices that could be called unethical at best and criminal at worst
Thus every lawyer who sees themselves as the self styled saviour of humanity would be chaffing at the bit to mount a case against the "devil".
Which is fine for them as you don't need glyco in you 25 th floor penthouse and those on acerage get "lessers" to that menial dirty stuff .

The downside to this story is glyco ends up being scheduled or even banned so the price goes up and we then have to go back to using 15 different highly toxic herbicides to replace it.
Or go back to chipping & pulling weeds.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look at the state the lawsuit was in. Courts there cost everyone across the county money because they think they know better. Would be best if they did secede from the union as they say they want to do. Yes I’m conical, I still have have Midwest, German heritage values, and grew up trusting my neighbors.

MowerMark

Threads
Are you conical or comical?

Should we all stock up on RoundUp® now ?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hopefully that ridiculous award will be set aside.

deminin

Threads
I use a Generic form of Roundup...I buy it from a local farm store for a fraction of the cost of buying the Brand name at the stores. I use it on my long gravel driveway a couple of times per year to keep the driveway from turning into a weed bed. However, when I get ready to "spray", I make sure the wind is calm, and I mix it carefully into the sprayer, and even wear a "painters" mask so as to not breathe in any of the fumes. Like anything else, if a person uses common sense, and follows the instructions, the risks are minimal.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wear rubber gloves & safety glasses also. I just sprayed today in fact. Should be good for 2 months if not more, depending on the rains.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Problem is there are some in authority who can not accept the fact that people are dumb.
They tried to breed dumbness out in the 50's & 60's but eventually Eugenics petered out.
So now the management class who believe things will happen because they say it will happen think they can legislate stupidity into oblivion .