Do we all need to round up our Roundup?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So how many people have died or been injured by round up ?
So how many people have died or been injured by firearms ?
Banning which one would save the most lives & injuries ?

SidecarFlip

Threads
So how many people have died or been injured by round up ?

Don't know, really don't care.....
So how many people have died or been injured by firearms ?

In your case that is moot. In OZ gun control is a national thing.....:smile:

Banning which one would save the most lives & injuries ?

Good question. Like Forrest Gump said, Stupid does as stupid is....

When I apply any pesticide or herbicide (and I apply a lot, I have activated carbon filters on my cab tractor and when I use the wand for spot spraying. long sleeves and a resperator is the norm.

I know what the stuff does, I use 2-4-D all the time. Same stuff that was used in Namn (agent orange). Great defoilator Paraquat is. To be state certified you have to know and practice safge handling and application methods.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
preaching to the converted in my case.
for a easy example, look at every oil thread.
I am yet to find some one on an oil thread who has done more study into oils than I have, and for me it was 1 term ( 13 weeks) for 2 hours a week and included coolants , surficants & cutting fluids.

Back in my college days , the anti-uranium debate was running rampant down here.
With a couple of friends used go greenie baiting by joining the groups then asking people one at a time ;_
" what are you majoring your BA in ? "
"How do you know I am doing a BA ?" was the usual answer
"Because if you were studying science you would not be here making a idiot of yourself " was our response
About 1 in 50 would then ask for us to clarify why we thought they were making idiots of themselves .
The other 49 became abusive.

Now these were college studients , supposedly the brightest, best informed of their generation .
Now that was near 50 years ago and the 49ers are now all executives and high office holders in government.
So I will expect round up being banned down here some time in the future.

There is no power on the planet stronger than the army of the highly emotional uninformed masses.

bogdaN

Threads
I use Roundup for about 30 years around my house.Just following direction and thanks doing OK.Dan

Lawn Addict
Threads
They include instructions for a good reason.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've always assumed that this stuff, mixed properly, is so weak and used once or twice a year is harmless to the average consumer. Much like eating microwave popcorn once in a while.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is totally safe, that was the whole point of it.
It only affects plants.
It brakes down into 3 compounds that are also harmless ( one is water ).
There is no way for it to bio accumulate and there is no way for an animal to process it.
If you drink it , you can not adsorb nor digest it so it gets urinated back out.
However if you breathe it in , the particles can get stuck in your lungs, like rubber dust from tyres or pollen from flowers.
In your body your digestion system will recognise it as being foreign and may cause you to throw up.
There is no link between Glyco & non-hodgkinson's lymphoma apart from the fact that several people who came down with Lymphoma had been exposed to Glyco.
They all had been exposed to hundreds of other known castnogens as well.
So the one & one only study deduced that their might be a causal link.
This was not an actual medical study, just a paperwork correlation looking for things that people who had non-hodgkinsons lymphoma had all been exposed to.
They had all been exposed to air , tyre dust, chloro-flourocarbons and a pile of other things as well.
But just a hint is enough to raise doubts in the totally scientifically illeterate and remember Monsanto is the devil and the lawers will get somewhere between 10 % & 50 % of the payout.
In the mean time, the risk adverse government authorities will look at it & decide that they could be held liable ( for some thing that can not happen ) so will ban it because the insurance companies will see it as a reason to quadruple insurance premiums.