Mower deck Mower deck mystery part

rtucker514

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2010 LTX1042 Cub Cadet. Recently I was changing the mower deck drive belt (apparently not paying attention to how the idler pulley components were assembled). Anyhow, I can't figure out how the L-shaped bracket in pics 1 and 2 fits into the scheme of things or what its purpose is. I've looked at the Illustrated Parts Manual for my tractor but this part doesn't appear. Pic 3 shows one possible configuration, but I'm not sure this is correct. Anyone?

Attachments

• L-shaped bracket pic #1.jpg
    L-shaped bracket pic #1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 16
  • L-shaped bracket pic#2.jpg
    L-shaped bracket pic#2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Possible config Pic 3.jpg
    Possible config Pic 3.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 21

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a 2010 LTX1042 Cub Cadet. Recently I was changing the mower deck drive belt (apparently not paying attention to how the idler pulley components were assembled). Anyhow, I can't figure out how the L-shaped bracket in pics 1 and 2 fits into the scheme of things or what its purpose is. I've looked at the Illustrated Parts Manual for my tractor but this part doesn't appear. Pic 3 shows one possible configuration, but I'm not sure this is correct. Anyone?

If you look at the pulley on the LEFT, you'll see a similar bracket, I would think it goes on the RIGHT side pulley in similar fashion, THIS is why we recommend to folks to (ALWAYS take LOTS of pics BEFORE & during working on their machines (or anything for that matter) ) The pics become your "Manual" ... will save your arse many times !!

rtucker514

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks to all. Yes, it is item #57. I looked that p/n up on Amazon and that's it for sure. I just missed on the parts blowup dwg. I think I can reassemble it correctly now. I know I should have taken pics as I usually do, but I was in a hurry. You want they say about haste & waste.

War Eagle!

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
They say that a mind is a terrible thing to waste.....
I say that a waist is a terrible thing to mind.............

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
A picture for reference. It looks like your bracket has been updated. No longer a u shaped bracket.
cub_cadet_ltx1045_deck_belt.JPG