Pulley problem

BBill

Threads
When I re-installed it on the shaft they rode up on the machining -the beveled edge of the key slot. The second one I only used a ratchet...not and impact.
If you look, the picture shows like it has porosity. I will try again Tues when I get the THIRD one!!

The Chairman

Threads
When I re-installed it on the shaft they rode up on the machining -the beveled edge of the key slot. The second one I only used a ratchet...not and impact.
If you look, the picture shows like it has porosity. I will try again Tues when I get the THIRD one!!
It looks cast in the pictures. Do you have a parts blow up? I bet it needs a spacer, even if there wasn't one there when you took it apart. Perhaps there's a problem with what it's sitting on.

BBill

Threads
It looks cast in the pictures. Do you have a parts blow up? I bet it needs a spacer, even if there wasn't one there when you took it apart. Perhaps there's a problem with what it's sitting on.

One side of the pulley is 5/8 from the outer flange and the other side is 7/8. Still wondering which side is to the engine.............

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am replacing the drive belt on a RZT 42. The top pulley fell off and when I had everything together and was tightening the bolt
the top of the pulley broke. Anyway I went to the dealer and paid $40 for a new pulley and the same thing happened...I ordered
another one online for 20.00 Which way does it go on the shaft??? The keeper key doesn't run all the way thru. The motor shaft
keyway slot stops before the top. Thanks

he pulley should SLIDE all the way to the shoulder on the output shaft.
As the keyway finishes short of the shoulder and the key is at the very end of the shaft then the side with the key goes down.
When you tighten the bolt you are forcing the key into the tapered section of the slot so it breaks away.
If the belt run is not strait with the pulley fully home then you have the wrong pulley.

BBill

Threads
he pulley should SLIDE all the way to the shoulder on the output shaft.
As the keyway finishes short of the shoulder and the key is at the very end of the shaft then the side with the key goes down.
When you tighten the bolt you are forcing the key into the tapered section of the slot so it breaks away.
If the belt run is not strait with the pulley fully home then you have the wrong pulley.

Thank you!! I ordered a new idler pulley also..that way all will be new...both pulleys and belt. I am also going to replace the blade belt.
I regret giving my Daughter my Cub Cadet 1650 Hydro so I could buy a Zero Turn...BIG MISTAKE!!!! Bill