Dealer Availability vs. Better Components

stevet47

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am trying to decide between getting a 48" Hustler Raptor SD from my local dealer, or ordering a Bradley 48" stand-on; they are priced the same.

Hustler Pros:
-Multiple dealers close by
-More popular (better parts availability?)
-More reviews, so more confidence it will be a good mower
-Lighter weight (easier on yard)

Bradley Pros:
-Stronger zt3400 hydros (vs. hustler zt2800)
-Vanguard motor (vs hustler's Kohler pro... maybe a wash; not sure which is better)
-Takes up less room in garage (9" shorter than the Hustler I believe)
-Larger rear tires
-Faster ground speed
-Easier to get on/off for debris in yard

Perhaps I am looking too much into this, but GVW of the Hustler comes closer to the weight rating on its hydros that on the Bradley, so technically the hydro system on the Hustler will be more stressed than the Bradley.

This is just for my personal 3/4 acre yard, not commercial use. My hope is to get 15 years out of this purchase; so I suppose I have more confidence that Hustler will be around 15 years from now, but who knows. Does dealer support trump trump the benefits of the Bradley? What would you do?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Being a service tech, I always recommend dealer support trumps everything. If something goes wrong you have a place to go. You might be able to take the other unit to the same dealer, but he will probably change a high labor rate, take longer to repair because he will be searching for repair parts, service his customers first, you’ll be on the back burner, etc. Question, if something goes wrong, what are you going to do?

stevet47

Forum Newbie
Threads
Being a service tech, I always recommend dealer support trumps everything. If something goes wrong you have a place to go. You might be able to take the other unit to the same dealer, but he will probably change a high labor rate, take longer to repair because he will be searching for repair parts, service his customers first, you’ll be on the back burner, etc. Question, if something goes wrong, what are you going to do?

Thanks for your input. Service is certainly a consideration, however since this is simply for residential use and not my livelihood, as long as I can order parts I would tend to fix it myself even if the machine is down for a couple weeks. I could always use my 28” mower to take care of the lawn.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is just for my personal 3/4 acre yard, not commercial use. My hope is to get 15 years out of this purchase; so I suppose I have more confidence that Hustler will be around 15 years from now, but who knows. Does dealer support trump trump the benefits of the Bradley? What would you do?
That shouldn't be too hard to do; I got 14 years out of a 8 hp Tecumseh Swisher 3-wheel rider mowing 3/4 of an acre.

kdaigle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can someone tell me what this part is?

Helphttps://s22.postimg.cc/oy58ezaap/lawnmower.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you post the pic another way. I’m the last person on earth who doesn’t subscribe to farsebook, so unable to view it. If someone else can help you, there will be no need to do so.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you post the pic another way. I’m the last person on earth who doesn’t subscribe to farsebook, so unable to view it. If someone else can help you, there will be no need to do so.
IF Farcebook is connected to Feacesbook ( cause it is full of schitt) then there are two of us who value their sanity & have better things to do with their time than see what some apoplectic was having for breakfast.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Reposting picture for OP. It asked me nothing about facebook.
mower.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are looking at the front of the carb, where the air filter housing is mounted to. Looks to me like you have one of the new Eseries engines by Briggs.