Intorduction

mrfixitman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new to this forum but have been a back yard mechanic since 9 working on mowers, go karts, mini bikes and lastly automobiles. I have made many mini bikes and have been fortunate to have joined a company that supported small engines so I was able to be certified in small engine repairs on Briggs and Stratton's, Kohler, Honda's and Kawasaki small engines as well as two strokes with personnel training on Echo units by one of their top Engineers.

I like to analyze the problem or issue rather than just replace parts, this can save $ and time.

I joined this forum because I have an older Scotts by John Deere riding garden mower model S2348 powered by a Kohler 23 HP twin and a 48" mower deck.
I am having troubles with the Tuff Torq hydro transaxle. It was working great and the previous owner had no problem with it.
Upon using it for the second time I was almost finished mowing my lawn when the tractor just stopped moving. I check the tension on the drive belt and made sure it was still connected to the engine and drive pulley on the transaxle.
I pulled the transport lever out and in a couple of times to be sure it was operational and pushed in all the way. I also check the fluid level and it was good.
I watch a video of disassembling the transmission but don't want to do that except as a last resort.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• front cover.jpg
    front cover.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Tuff Torq K62.jpg
    Tuff Torq K62.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Label.jpg
    Label.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am new to this forum but have been a back yard mechanic since 9 working on mowers, go karts, mini bikes and lastly automobiles. I have made many mini bikes and have been fortunate to have joined a company that supported small engines so I was able to be certified in small engine repairs on Briggs and Stratton's, Kohler, Honda's and Kawasaki small engines as well as two strokes with personnel training on Echo units by one of their top Engineers.

I like to analyze the problem or issue rather than just replace parts, this can save $ and time.

I joined this forum because I have an older Scotts by John Deere riding garden mower model S2348 powered by a Kohler 23 HP twin and a 48" mower deck.
I am having troubles with the Tuff Torq hydro transaxle. It was working great and the previous owner had no problem with it.
Upon using it for the second time I was almost finished mowing my lawn when the tractor just stopped moving. I check the tension on the drive belt and made sure it was still connected to the engine and drive pulley on the transaxle.
I pulled the transport lever out and in a couple of times to be sure it was operational and pushed in all the way. I also check the fluid level and it was good.
I watch a video of disassembling the transmission but don't want to do that except as a last resort.

Any thoughts?

Welcome!
Follow the link
https://www.tufftorqservices.com/in...eshooting/Diagnostic_Flowchart_EN_23DEC08.pdf

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our John Deere section.

dfbroxy

Threads
I just want to add that if you do rebuild the trans then when you put it back togather it must be spotless or the trans wont last long. Also after each mowing clean off this trans of grass and debris. Overheating will kill this hydro.