10323 no compression

fdsinozich

Threads
Running fine, engine stopped running and blade free-wheeled to a stop. No compression and piston not moving with pull rope. What do you think happened. Thanks

dfbroxy

Threads
I would venture to guess a broke piston rod.....And that a engine teardown is in order. Please post what you find.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Definitely sounds like the connecting rod snapped. Easiest way to see is pull the carb/reed mounting plate and check the crank from that end.

L8R,
Matt

fdsinozich

Threads
Removed the carb and saw a quarter size hole in the block. Guess it's a parts mower now. What a disappointment, its the best of the three I have.
Thanks for the responses .
Frank

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Ouch! Yeah, that will do it! Well you could either make money off it parting it out, or you could find a good engine cheap.

L8R,
Matt

fdsinozich

Threads
Seldom any Lawnboy items on cl. Any suggestions on finding a good engine cheap?

jp1961

Threads
Hi Frank,

2 cycle Lawn-Boys are getting harder to find on C.L., but they still pop up from time to time.

Just out of curiosity,,,what 2 cycle oil did you use on this Lawn-Boy and what ratio do you mix it at?

Regards

Jeff

Russ2251

Threads
Should be using TC-W3, otherwise known as outboard motor oil.
Stated in any 2 cycle Lawn-Boy owners manual.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Should be using TC-W3, otherwise known as outboard motor oil.
Stated in any 2 cycle Lawn-Boy owners manual.

Correct! For years I was in the camp of using only air cooled 2 stroke oil because I never had a manual. But low and behold, it’s right there straight from Lawn Boy that if you don’t use the LB oil, you are to use a TWC-3 that is certified by the NMMA. LB engines turn at a slower RPM and use forced air cooling. They don’t run anywhere near the RPMs or temps that chainsaws, trimmers, or blowers do. While I don’t use LB oil, I do use a TWC-3 rated Pennzoil 2 stroke oil with a little Sta-Bil 360 Marine formula added to combat the ethanol.
F354AEE4-13CF-4198-8822-2969FB641B3E.jpg

L8R,
Matt