PP20VA46 grease recommendations

Threads
What would be the best grease to use on my mower? A neighbor gave me a can of high temp disc brake wheel bearing grease but I'm not sure if this is suitable based on some other posts I've read. I am a newbie at maintaining my equipment so would appreciate some input. Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most mowers use a LITHIUM based grease.
Wheel bearing grease is generally Bentonite based.

FWIW I use blue marine grade lithium grease cause mowers get exposed to the elements a fair bit
The stuff I use is GL 2 ( thickness )

You are going to get a lot of contradiciting answers as every one has their favourite goo.
It will also depend upon your climate
If you use the mower as a snow plow then you will need to use a thinner grease in the wheels & axels, A GL 1 should be fine.

dfbroxy

Threads
I agree with bertsmobile1 with his post. I just wanted to add since your new if you have a manual then read it and follow the oil and lube procedures in it. A mower needs grease in more places that the wheels. If you dont have manual then ask and someone on here will help find one.

Threads
I agree with bertsmobile1 with his post. I just wanted to add since your new if you have a manual then read it and follow the oil and lube procedures in it. A mower needs grease in more places that the wheels. If you dont have manual then ask and someone on here will help find one.

I have the manual that came with the mower. It shows the front wheels and the steering gear. If there are other points that need greasing, please let me know. I want to get it right the first time. Thanks for the info! By the way, got the marine grease.