zero compression in Kawasaki 24 hp motor

brikeibur

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I am an absolute amateur at engine repair but I do know my way around them. I recently acquired a Cub Cadet 54" mower with a seized motor and have been trying to fix it. I drained the motor sprayed a bottle of PB Blaster in and got the motor unlocked after a few hits of a hammer on a breaker bar. I have been unable to start the motor so I started back tracking the fuel line and ended up replacing the vacuum fuel filter. I was still not getting any gas pushing to the carb after turning the key so I bought a compression tester today and after connecting I am getting zero compression out of either cylinder.

I am looking for suggestions or next steps.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

-Brian

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Brian,
A breaker bar & hammer doth not an engine free.
Remove the plugs and poke a stick down the plug hole while turning the engine over by hand
Chances are there will be no movement cause the conrods are broken.
In which case do not crank the engine any more than you have done already as doing so just increases the damage already done.

Bad news is Kawasaki parts are not cheap and you will be looking at new rods & crank for starters then pistons &/or rings + gasket set & you have now reached 1/2 the price of a new engine.