CMM1200 not holding a charge

RKevinmiller

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a B&D cmm1200 that is not charging. My unit is 10 years old and i just assumed that the batteries were old and needing to be replaced. i purchased the new ones and installed them into the unit. it seemed to work great for the first couple of time that I mowed the lawn; however the last couple of time it will run out of power before i get done with 1/2 of the front yard. I plugged it into the charge and the charge light immediately goes from red to green. I have left it plugged in all week and now the same problem. Any direction at this point would be a great help.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get a new charger. I am suprised your charger has lasted this long.

RKevinmiller

Forum Newbie
Threads
Get a new charger. I am suprised your charger has lasted this long.

Thank you, Any suggestion as where to purchase one, every place i check has them either discontinued or out of stock with no expected in stock date..

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You will have to go to a place like Batteries Plus to get an aftermarket one. They are not made anymore.

jp1961

Threads
Be VERY careful when replacing rechargeable batteries with the ones that came with the unit. Rechargeable batteries come in NiCd (Nickel cadmium), NiMh (Nickel metal hydride), LiPo (Lithium Polymer) and lead acid. Using the wrong charger with the wrong batteries can lead to a fire. Replacing the charger with the wrong type will have the same end result.

Regards

Jeff