John Deere loyal owner (new member)

Denny4

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I live in NY and about 30 years ago I tore down a 112 and overhauled it with new paint and parts. I used the tractor to cut lawn but my wife didn't like the cut grass clippings lying on top of the mowed grass and turning brown so ever since she mows it with a self propelled push mower. So we use the mower to haul a old snowmobile trailer around the yard with 2 yards of mulch that she spreads on her gardens.

This year I decided to ad a platform on the back and add a watering tank with a pump so she wouldn't have to lug watering cans and hoses around for her many flower gardens. After building a bracket so it attached under the seat (using the seat bolts) I was successful on my project. That lasted about a week when she came in and apologized that she couldn't use it because holding down the left brake/clutch pedal was hurting her hip because of the pressure it takes. I knew the only thing I could do is find a hydrostatic Tractor. I found a John Deere 314 with hydro and am currently working on to make repairs and probably paint a little.

This has a 14hp Kohler engine that I am a little worried about. The thing shakes on low RPMs and has a knocking sound that I am not sure if its the knock we all don't want to hear. It smooths out on higher RPMs but the noise is still there. I hope its just a normal noise.

Sorry for being long winded. I keep getting emails to introduce myself so this is it.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our John Deere forum.
Someone there may have some insight regarding that knocking sound.