GCV 160 Carb Cleaning Question

LarryJohnson

Threads
Working on cleaning the carb of my pressure washer per all the videos I've watched. Is the little ball thing pictured here suppose to move in and out?

Untitled by Larry Johnson, on Flickr

Also, wasn't able to get the inside needle valve thing removed despite countless banging on the bench. (The end piece unscrewed and is removed.) What's my next option. Thanks

Russ2251

Threads
Is the little ball thing pictured here suppose to move in and out?
No, it is a plug that seals off a drilled passage.

primerbulb120

Threads
1. No the plug does not move.
2. The part you are trying to remove is the emulsion tube. The end of it sticks up into the carb throat. Take a screwdriver and stick it in past the choke valve, and use it to push on the end of the emulsion tube. Once you've pushed it down as far as you can, do some more banging on the work bench and it should fall out. If it doesn't, take a right angle pick and push it down some more.

LarryJohnson

Threads
No, it is a plug that seals off a drilled passage.

1. No the plug does not move.
2. The part you are trying to remove is the emulsion tube. The end of it sticks up into the carb throat. Take a screwdriver and stick it in past the choke valve, and use it to push on the end of the emulsion tube. Once you've pushed it down as far as you can, do some more banging on the work bench and it should fall out. If it doesn't, take a right angle pick and push it down some more.

Thanks. The emulsion tube popped right out when I pushed on it a little from inside the carb. Didn't see any noticeable dirt or grit, so all I can figure to do is soak the tube in some carb cleaner. Maybe that will solve the poor running issue. Then I'll switch to using gas with no ethanol.

primerbulb120

Threads
You don't have to soak it, just make sure all the holes are clear.

The two most important parts to clean are the main jet and the idle jet. Have you cleaned the idle jet yet?