XT1, LT42...Deck was catching on T post when mowing along fence...no more...

vv0350

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / XT1, LT42...Deck was catching on T post when mowing along fence...no more...
My new Xt1, LT42 left front deck was catching on T posts when mowing along our long fencerows...trying to trim under the bottom strand of wire...So, I devised a skid plate, defector to bolt on the edge of the deck to eliminate the occasional "catching" when I went around the T posts...I first drew a pattern/plan and then a aluminum test of the plan. Then a light ⅛" steel plate was cut out with a saber saw. The steel plate came from a cut out that I did in the roof of a shipping container when I put a exhaust pipe in place. Anyway, once cut out I used a baleen hammer and a vise to bend the edge to match the lip on the deck. Then found two small square head carriage bolts to fasten it all in place...[IMG_0479.jpgIMG_0483.jpgIMG_0484.jpgIMG_0486.jpgIMG_0490.jpg

vv0350

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / XT1, LT42...Deck was catching on T post when mowing along fence...no more...
My new Xt1, LT42 left front deck was catching on T posts when mowing along our long fencerows...trying to trim under the bottom strand of wire...So, I devised a skid plate, defector to bolt on the edge of the deck to eliminate the occasional "catching" when I went around the T posts...I first drew a pattern/plan and then a aluminum test of the plan. Then a light ⅛" steel plate was cut out with a saber saw. The steel plate came from a cut out that I did in the roof of a shipping container when I put a exhaust pipe in place. Anyway, once cut out I used a balpeen hammer and a vise to bend the edge to match the lip on the deck. Then found two small square head carriage bolts to fasten it all in place...[View attachment 39613View attachment 39614View attachment 39615View attachment 39616View attachment 39617

I guess it was really 3/32" plate...not 1/8"...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
thanks for sharing