Husqvarna charges extra for owners manual

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
My point stands that if you had the manual you likely wouldn't have deafeated the safeties. I'm with you...I expect to get a printed owner's/parts manual with my equipment.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No arguement about the free access to an owners manual, however it is a sign of the times.
Customers keep on demanding cheaper & cheaper mowers.
When you get under a few hundred a year it is very apparent that there is just about no way left to make mowers cheaper but Joe Public is still deluded enough to believe they can get more every year for less.
The fact that cheapness & quality are inversally proportional never seems to get a thought.
Apparently the mower factories are manned by elves and mowers are made from pixie dust both of which are free so the greedy mower companies are making a killing,

The truth of the matter is most high volume mower companies are barely making a profit down to the point that a few hundred mowers not sold in a season is the difference between a profit or a loss.
The instant a mower company announces a loss the financial criminals called stock traders will come in and short sell the share price down.
The interest rate the mower companies pay on the millions they have to borrow each year to buy all of the raw materials & pay the wages of the workers who make the mowers for 9 months of the year when no one is buying them is based on the share price.
In many cases the loans are underwritten by share guarantee which is one mechanism that Briggs & Stratton used to buy out the mower brands that it owns when they had a bad sales year.

For decades now consumers have actively bought a cheaper product that comes with an on line manual and in many cases all the information you get with the purchase is how to turn the unit on and where to download the manual from.
As the market has embraced this system it is no surprise that Husqvarna, who is making so little money from mowers they have already announced they are stopping making tractors and push mowers are doing the same.
So in the mean time while they are winding down production they decided to save a few $$$ by not including an owners manual with new mowers, from a shiny suit wearing directors point of view, a good idea.
You have already bought the mower, you can swear a blood oath never to buy one again which does not matter to Husqvarna because there will be no Husqvarna tractors to buy in a few years.