Husqvarna charges extra for owners manual

Point37

Threads
Didn’t receive an owners manual with my riding lawnmower purchase so I was having the dealer get me one since I thought they forgot it with the paperwork...turns out they don’t supply them anymore and you have to call and pay extra for one or print it out online and waste $75 worth of printer ink in the process...kind of a BS practice if you ask me considering my Husqvarna leaf blower, weed wacker and chainsaw all came with owners manuals and they were a fraction of the cost...doesn’t sit well with me for repeat business

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
That sounds strange, usually the owners manual has at least all the safety precautions and warnings so their liability as to someone getting injured by a product is enough to cover their arse !

Point37

Threads
Only have a quick reference guide with the tractor...I do however have an owners manual for the Kawasaki engine but not the tractor

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So you will use $ 2.50 worth of paper and $ 1.50 worth of ink, unless you are using a dye sublimation printer.
Would you have paid $ 50 more for the mower if it came with a manual.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That sounds strange, usually the owners manual has at least all the safety precautions and warnings so their liability as to someone getting injured by a product is enough to cover their arse !

I totally agree about they could be liable for not supplying precautions and warnings, but could create issues against improper use and maintenance voiding the warranty. if no owners manual ,how does the customer know how to operate and maintain the unit properly.

Point37

Threads
So you will use $ 2.50 worth of paper and $ 1.50 worth of ink, unless you are using a dye sublimation printer.
Would you have paid $ 50 more for the mower if it came with a manual.

I called and they charge $11.99 for a manual...not sure if that includes shipping and not sure if it’s just going to be a 8.5x11 stack of paper printed double sided with a staple in the corner or an actual nicely put together book like they typically are...it’s more the aggregation factor to me for something that should be included with the unit when you’re paying that much...I certainly would have paid the extra $11.99 for a well put together owners manul included with the mower purchase...I’ve had my dealer trying to get in touch with their Husqvarna salesman to get one since I received the mower mid July...just seems like cutting corners...I mean should a car come without a paper copy of an owners manual too?...same difference...gas powered units that could injure or kill someone...so if I didn’t have access to a computer I have to call and buy one...poor business practice if you ask me

Point37

Threads
I totally agree about they could be liable for not supplying precautions and warnings, but could create issues against improper use and maintenance voiding the warranty. if no owners manual ,how does the customer know how to operate and maintain the unit properly.

I agree...I don’t want to have to look up the maintance schedule online or on a tiny phone screen or fire up a computer to look at a downloaded copy...it really is BS...dealer should just ask if you want one when they sell it to you the unit and tell you the extra cost for the manual and let you decide

Last edited:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe if you had the manual you wouldn't have had to bypass the safety switches...

deminin

Threads
What is the model of your riding mower? I just looked and there are several web sites where you can download the owners manual for Husqvarna mowers. Try doing a search on your "model number owners manual", and see what happens.

Point37

Threads
Maybe if you had the manual you wouldn't have had to bypass the safety switches...

Maybe if you read the whole thread you’d realize that I changed it back once I learned that I could keep it running with the parking brake engaged

What is the model of your riding mower? I just looked and there are several web sites where you can download the owners manual for Husqvarna mowers. Try doing a search on your "model number owners manual", and see what happens.

Thanks...it’s available directly on the Husqvarna website but I would have liked to have the book version come with the mower than have to print an 8.5x11 version