Having a mower problem (new here)

sklr5349

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a B&S engine (model: 10G902 / Type: 0217 B1 / code: 03022055) and Its giving me a headache. Last year I replaced the carburetor and it ran better than ever. drained gas for the winter. Put fresh gas in this summer and tried to fir it up. It runs for a send or 2 and then stalls. If you press the primer, it will continue to run. This leads me to believe that it is a fuel delivery issue. But my knowledge is limited on the physics of the fuel delivery. I have pulled off and cleaned the carb(carb was still very clean from last year) Still the same problem. What else could I do to get this going?
Thank you in advance for your help!

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a B&S engine (model: 10G902 / Type: 0217 B1 / code: 03022055) and Its giving me a headache. Last year I replaced the carburetor and it ran better than ever. drained gas for the winter. Put fresh gas in this summer and tried to fir it up. It runs for a send or 2 and then stalls. If you press the primer, it will continue to run. This leads me to believe that it is a fuel delivery issue. But my knowledge is limited on the physics of the fuel delivery. I have pulled off and cleaned the carb(carb was still very clean from last year) Still the same problem. What else could I do to get this going?
Thank you in advance for your help!

The carburetor is dirty...it just takes one tiny, teeny, speck blocking the main jet.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First check that the phillips screws holding the carb down are tight.
That carb is best left full over winter as the jets are quite big .
Fill the tank to the brim and if you want slip some thick cling wrap ( Glad wrap in the USA ? ) over the tank filler then screw the cap on.

If you bought a genuine Briggs or certified after market one from a reputable dealer you should be fine.
If you bought a cheap one of ebay/amazon/craigs then chances are you bought a reject carb that failed quality control.
There s no such thing as scrap in Chinese factories just No 1 product down to No 99 product.
In the latter case the diaphragm could be made from defective plastic and has split or gone hard over winter.
If you have been using an ethanol blended fuel then the ethanol may have turned the diaphragm to jelly or the diaphragm could have been made from neoprene & not butyl rubber.

Start with the bolts then check the condition of the breather tube.
After that it will be off with the carb.
Really sounds like the fuel pump is not working

Threads
The part number you need is 795083 they go bad with the ethanol gas nowadays.......

sklr5349

Forum Newbie
Threads
This part fixed the problem. Thank you! Part#795083(gasket and diaphragm between cab and fuel tank). Installed and ran and good as new...better than new!

Threads
Bert is the one to thank.... He said it first......

Those parts go bad often with the gas we have nowadays..... Non Etho gas is available in every state.. There is a web site that has the info on that.....

Certain gas stations have a seperate pump for that gas.... If you are near a marina for boats they have what you need

Thanks for the update Mon Ami ~!~!