Husqvarna Deck Wore Thru

Nitefisherman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna 4822 Estate Model with a molded deck. The mower has 274 hours on it and the deck has about 4 different spots that started wearing thru from underneath. Is this normal for 274 hours? These holes are in the outer corners of the deck.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Husqvarna 4822 Estate Model with a molded deck. The mower has 274 hours on it and the deck has about 4 different spots that started wearing thru from underneath. Is this normal for 274 hours?

Debris left on top of the deck along with moisture....hours have little to do with it. IMO

Nitefisherman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not from rust on top. It is wearing thru from the bottom. It has worn thin from underneath. I am a old Farmer so I know the importance of keeping a mower clean above and under the deck. This is because of friction from material.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not from rust on top. It is wearing thru from the bottom. It has worn thin from underneath. I am a old Farmer so I know the importance of keeping a mower clean above and under the deck. This is because of friction from material.

I apologize...
I admire farmers.
Look on the bright side...you get to buy a new mower to play with.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
What are your mowing conditions? Sandy soil with bare areas? If so you may want to consider going with low lift blades so you pick up less grit.. They won't do well in heavy growth or for bagging though.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are anything like our blokes you never throw any thing metal away.
It always amazes just what can be made from old plow discs .
I use old mower blades to patch decks, forged into curved shapes where necessary.
Blades are made from a boron steel which work hardens much like molly steel used on tractor blades & digger teeth so they last a long time when welding under a deck.