290v smoking bad

jdogg

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deer RX75 with a 9hp Kawasaki motor. All of a sudden starting smoking white smoke. I noticed that the vent hose at the top of the valve cover has gas/oil coming out of it. Can anyone tell me what that means?? I am thinking rings?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a John Deer RX75 with a 9hp Kawasaki motor. All of a sudden starting smoking white smoke. I noticed that the vent hose at the top of the valve cover has gas/oil coming out of it. Can anyone tell me what that means?? I am thinking rings?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Check the oil level.
Carb float may have stuck open and drained gas into engine

jdogg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the oil level.
Carb float may have stuck open and drained gas into engine

Oil level is good.

How would I tell if carb float is stuck open?? (sorry, I know absolutely nothing about small engines)

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oil level is good.

How would I tell if carb float is stuck open?? (sorry, I know absolutely nothing about small engines)

do a search on "white smoke"
bertsmobile1 says in several posts it is oil burning and an indication of an internal engine problem...possible head gasket blown.

He is in Australia, so he may weigh in later.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
do a search on "white smoke"
bertsmobile1 says in several posts it is oil burning and an indication of an internal engine problem...possible head gasket blown.

He is in Australia, so he may weigh in later.

Did you turn the mower on it's side for any reason?

jdogg

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did not have it on its side at all.