Snapper 5hp Briggs

aarong24

Threads
Hey guys,
Been having some issues with my mower. It's an 84 self propelled snapper with the pulsa jet carburetor. I was mowing with it a couple weeks ago and it suddenly died when it was in fairly heavy grass. Each time I cranked it back up, it would die as soon as it hit some grass. I replaced diaphragm, fuel pickup tubes, and the springs on the carb. Today I cranked it up, adjusted the carb and it ran great for a couple passes then crapped out again as I hit some grass. Any ideas what the problem could be? I got tired of fooling with and put it away for the day

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey guys,
Been having some issues with my mower. It's an 84 self propelled snapper with the pulsa jet carburetor. I was mowing with it a couple weeks ago and it suddenly died when it was in fairly heavy grass. Each time I cranked it back up, it would die as soon as it hit some grass. I replaced diaphragm, fuel pickup tubes, and the springs on the carb. Today I cranked it up, adjusted the carb and it ran great for a couple passes then crapped out again as I hit some grass. Any ideas what the problem could be? I got tired of fooling with and put it away for the day

It is bogged down with grass clippings underneath... wedging blade against housing..which puts undo load on the engine and it can not get started.

Clean out underneath

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is bogged down with grass clippings underneath... wedging blade against housing..which puts undo load on the engine and it can not get started.

Clean out underneath

Also, sharpen your blade

Mow grass when shorter
only try to cut 1/2 wide of tall grass